Who's your favorite famous bear?

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ashleigh's 4th of July

Hope you all had a great 4th of July! We went to Medford to Champion Raceway. Here is the view from our trailer door. It was really hot, over a 100 degrees. Michelle & the family melted. I, however, am made of fuzzy yarn & stuffing so I was really just fine.
They have more cars at the Medford track than we have & more classes of cars. Here's a pretty purple modified.

And this is what Riley's dragster will look like when it grows up.

Here is Riley all suited up for eliminations. I went with her! I am now the fastest bear I know! We went out first round though :-( Riley's car just didn't like the hotter weather and much higher elevation & didn't want to run much. That was okay, Riley still got to run at another track & against some different kids. These kids were really great! But they were all older & more experienced as drivers.

On the way home, Herman & I, kicked back in the truck & cooled off with the air conditioning.

We got home just in time to watch the fireworks! The fog was great for keeping us cooled off, but not so great for the fireworks. Michelle thought the sparkles coming out of the clouds was pretty though.
Michelle tried & tried to get a picture of me w/fireworks behind me, but this was the best she could get...just a red halo behind me. Oh well, maybe next year. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!






No comments: