Who's your favorite famous bear?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Pet

I found this egg this weekend at the Fun Festival at a booth that advertised that it had dinosaur poop. The guy said he didn't know what kind of egg it was, but that he'd sell it to me for 10 cents. I dug deep and found a dime and bought the egg.
I couldn't wait for the egg to hatch so that I could find out what kind of pet I have. I tried sitting on the egg to hurry it up. After all, birds lay eggs & then they sit on them, but Michelle said it looked like some kind of reptile egg & they don't do anything special to them after they lay them except to maybe bury them.
I listened closely several times a day to see if I could hear my new pet moving around inside the shell.
Then early this morning I heard some horrible cracking. I ran to check & there among the remains of the shell was this little baby dragon! What am I gonna do with a baby dragon?
Although, he does seem awfully nice. He apparently likes to have his head & ears rubbed. See how happy it makes him. He is very cute, actually he's quite the handsome little dude.
Turns out that baby dragons like to cuddle up on your lap! Who knew! I think this baby dragon is going to be a great pet. Now, I just gotta talk Michelle into a trip to the store for baby dragon chow.

No comments: