Who's your favorite famous bear?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Visiting the neighbors

Since my basket is done & I'm pretty much moved in, I decide to go introduce myself to my new neighbors. I knock on the door...
Inside the Hug I'm greeted by several bears even smaller than myself. There's also a small donkey and a pink bunny. The pink bear, pink bunny, little brown bear, and the orange & brown panda bear seem familiar some how.
The donkey is very affectionate. The pink bunny sits up looking surprised. The pink bear jumps out of bed & yells "Look, it's our sister Ashleigh!" I'm shocked! A closer look & I recognize my long lost chenille half sister Patchy. The pink bunny is my sister Candy!
The little brown bear is my brother Buster and the panda bear is my other brother Buttons! While technically they are littlier than me, I'm younger than they are & they moved out on their own. Bears, and bunnies for that matter, aren't great at writing letters and generally don't have phones, so I haven't seen them for a long time. I guess we won't have to worry about keeping in touch now, since I live just next door. Their roommates, the brown bear wearing overalls, the white bear, and the donkey tell me that I can come for a visit anytime I want. The Hug is very cozy, but the furniture is their scale & I seem awfully big in it. But I'm very happy to have found some of my family.

No comments: