Who's your favorite famous bear?

Friday, February 20, 2009

Blankie Bears!!

A couple of years ago Michelle developed a pattern for what she calls Blankie Bears for her great-nephew Skylar...Her niece wanted a baby afghan, but Michelle prefers to make bears, so this was her compromise. A full size blankie bear is just the right size for toddlers to pack around & wrap up in when sitting down, but they still have a bear to cuddle with. Well, Michelle was just messing around with some new thread she got at Goodwill earlier this week & made some small blankie bears. Her new doll Hitty Maureen O'Hara promptly claimed the first one (the green one on the bottom), and Michelle posted pictures. A couple of people in the HittyGirls group wanted some. One lady ordered three and one lady ordered one. The periwinkle pink w/purple trim on the left is off to it's new home in Washington today. Michelle has one more to make just like it & then the tan & teal and cream & purple will be off with the new Periwinkle pink and purple one to Idaho. My birthday is coming (Tuesday, February 24th) and I want her to make me one, but smaller. These are fine for 6-8 inch dolls, but they're bigger than me. I'm working on Michelle to figure out how to make an even smaller one for me for my birthday-it's only fair isn't it?

No comments: